Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by namlub3, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Hi everyone :)

Been doing a lot of research looking for my first bike, and this forum is probably the most comprehensive Australian forum I've found. Good community and heaps of activity, great to see.

I started on a peewee 80, then to Dad's DT175, and now got my RE's (Qld) a few month's ago. Now moved to Brisbane and looking at actually buying a bike in the next couple months.

Have a couple narrowed down but I plan on doing a lot more reading until after Christmas. Feel good about the Megelli's, and the VTR250 right now, and have a niggle for an old cbr250r/rr, but trying to keep the price well under $5k, hopefully sub $4k because I know I'll be upgrading eventually so I want something thrash worthy and cheap to look after, not a new bike I have to baby for a thousand k's, then be terrified of insurance if I drop it.

Look forward to hearing from like-minded riders :)

Peace out!
  2. megellis aren't very good, they look sharp but are basically a scooter with fairings and they are poorly designed/built. some of the design issues have been rectified, such has the side stand dragging around corners... but you have to wonder, if they could make such a fundamental flaw like that, what else might be dangerously wrong with the bike that will only crop up in the long term? not many people walk away unscaved after a connecting rod flies through the tank.
  3. welcome to NR, go the VTR, good bike to learn on, your resale value is always there too.
  4. Welcome to Netrider, namlub3! I'll second the VTR. I got to ride a Megelli a few weeks ago and it was dissapointing, it looks pretty but it seems to lacks guts unless you want to rev the nuts off it. Plus the VTR will hold its resale value when ya wanna upgrade in twelve months - the Megelli won't.
  5. Welcome namlub3. If you can stretch your budget a bit more you could get a bike that you'll be much happier to keep for longer. Second hand is the go and you should be able to sell many LAMS bikes for close to what you paid after your restrictions are over.
  6. Welcome to NR. (y)
  7. Welcome!
  8. Welcome to a plethora of invaluable information dude :)