Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello everybody! Another one from Brisbane.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by natmo, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hi everyone - I've been reading NetRider for a few months, and a week or so in earnest now, finally I've had the chance to join!

My name is Andrew and I'm on the south side of Brisbane (deep south actually - Greenbank).

I haven't got a bike yet, but I got my licence before they tightened up QRide a few years ago, so I've technically had my Open R's for several years. Scary huh?

I joined up here because I'm on the verge of buying my first set of safety gear, and following that a bike (duh). I'll be trawling around for all the hints and tips I can get.

I'm on the verge of thirty (gasp) so perhaps you could call this an early midlife crisis. I'm married with one little boy (17 months) so wifey wants to be sure I take care on the road and buy some good gear to keep me safe.

Anyway, that's enough from me, quite an essay really, so I'll stop this with some =D>=D>

2. Hi Natmo I just join to Netrider n live right next to you - Park Ridge
    Hahaha.... Got my Re last month n been riding mainly for work
    So cool to know another rider near where I live!!!!
  3. Do you work in the city? (I do)

How do you like the commute - especially on these frosty mornings?
  4. I work in Bulimba I go on the gateway in the morning n back by M1 thru sunnybank in the avero. I don't mind riding at all properly cos I am new to this world n have got over that stage yet! I have another jacket under the riding jacket n work pants under riding pants too so I think cold is not a problem to me. Only issue I have is wind on my face when doing 110 on gateway with a car tailgating on my back. Hahaha