Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello ... er... I'm jumping in!!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by rearwheel, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Hello to everybody,

I have been lurking around for sometime and now decide to jump into the water, so to speak. Unfortunately, i will have to wait until March to get my bike and really join the race i.e., the riding race :cry: so guys cheer me up! Xmas is coming, and I don't even have a bike :cry: :cry: :cry: and don't remind me of that fat hairy man in red, because I ain't get nothing from him :evil:

Wishing ya all a pleasant evening

2. Well I have a Bike - but no time to ride :cry: damn Silly Season :twisted: Looking forward to some R & R in January ........ Bring on the New Year :D

By the way - Hello & Welcome :p

3. Welcome :D

Any change of at least buying some riding gear while waiting for March to arrive?

4. Welcome to the forum and I hope you get your bike soon :)

5. welcome... have fun. :D

6. Welcome to the show. :)

7. Welcome, er rearwheel, care to give us a clue as to whether we should be calling you mate or ms??
    This is a great place and new members make it better, sit down and enjoy :D

8. Hi rearwheel , welcome .

9. Hi Ya rearwheel, welcome to the forums!
    What bike are you looking at getting?

10. Welcome rearwheel. The time will pass quicker than you think and it's always worth the wait!

Firestorm. :D :) :D :) :D

11. Welcome Rearwheel... Why don't you get your leathers first and then practise on your old treadlie while your're waiting.....Just messín with ya!

12. Welcome Rearwheel :) well you an least go and look at or sit on some bikes in the shop, this is a bit of a tease I know but will really fire you up about getting your bike ;) put a pic of it on the fridge too.

13. Thank you everyone for the warm reception which made me feel guilty so I'm making a confession.

Well I told you the truth, but not the whole truth! The reason I cannot get a bike now is that I'm planning for an overseas holiday next month. ok .... ok ... I'll leak a little more of the real truth! I just finish my PhD and got a job with one of those big firms, starting in March .... so you get the picture...

And by the way, I'm a guy! :p

14. Hi dude. Nice to see another mature age learner. I'm 35 and just went through the whole learners test thing. A bit of advice if you are in NSW, bok your pre learners test early if you haven't done so yet, like six weeks early!

Regards, Andrew.