Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HELLO :D - New rider in Sydney (SV650S)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Wahaha, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

New around here, i've tried a few times to register to netrider a month ago and a couple of weeks ago. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't accept my registration form (I thought the "type the security word" thing was broken).

I guess I should have read the whole form more thoroughly, because I just noticed today that I was being ask to enter Valentino Rossi's year of birth.. "facepalm"

I've been riding for about 3 months now, I bought a 2009 SV650SU in February and I am loving it.

I've done a few mods so far, not much though:

• Fender eliminator
    • Rear turn indicators changed
    • Rear seat box conversion
    • white reflective rim tape lol
    • and one other mod I can't talk about (some may frown upon it)

I've only recently moved to Miranda, Sydney from Melbourne, so I'm looking for some cool people to go riding with, cos I don't know where are the good places to go.

IMG_0571.
    IMG_0569.

2. Nice bike! What's your other mod?
    Some may frown, some may cheer. Who gives a flying fu<K?

3. Sweet looking bike mate. I'm guessing the mod is the ecu hehe, dw I'd do the same. I'm up near Hurstville, so send us a pm if u wanna go ride. Started riding in feb too (y)

4. I'm glad they didn't ask Rossi's birthday when I signed up; I wouldn't have a clue :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider. You're nice and near the National Park, but take care of damp patches and leaf litter in the corners down near Wollongong.

And radar!

When you want to venture further afield, come down to Wollongong and try out the Macquarie Pass...

5. thanks for the welcome guys! :D

awesome shookz, you're nearby!

unfortunately, next weekend I'll be in Melbourne but maybe we can go riding the weekend after that.

lol I will neither confirm nor deny your guess :p but here's a pic
    IMG_0572.

6. what is it?

7. Welcome from Kogarah!
    Pretty sure I've seen you around already - kinda stand out on that bike (in a good way mate, don't worry ;))...

8. I've said before that that if I had to buy a LAM these days it'd be the SV650Su for that exact reason.
    (ie: if the wife wanted to learn then I could swapsie whenever I want to ride it myself cos we can't keep 2 bikes)

Did you have to do anything else to get the last mod to work?
    I expect that theres narrower TBs, etc on the LAM

Please tell me that your next mod will be to get a nicer muffler?!
    ...followed by the lower fairing kit.

9. Nice bike mate, welcome aboard. I got stuck at the same spot when I was registering.

10. Welcome aboard!

Looking forward to heading out on a ride with you at some point, I'm north, but I love the roads down south lots too :)

11. Yea, LAMS ecu retards the ignition timing beyond 6,000rpm so the torque is nerfed. No other work is necessary once you put the standard ECU in, because it's all in the mapping.

Next mod will be Dunlop Q2s and I'm still trying to decide what muffler to put on... Deciding between a Yoshi or Leovince.