Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello, Canberra Noob!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Lucid Mikey, Mar 17, 2015.

1. G'Day,
    Completely new to the bike world and signing up mainly for info for the misses. She's just back at work after maternity leave and $56+ a week in parking has us looking for alternatives. :D
    Cheers, Mikey

2. welcome aboard :] what are you looking at bike or scooter
  3. Honestly, in the long term a bike is more expensive to own than a car, even if you can get cheaper parking. One rear tyre can cost as much as two car tyres, servicing about 3% more, CTP Green Slip often dearer than a car and unless you're ancient like me, Comprehensive insurance is dearer too.... Factor in over $1,000 for protective gear on top of the purchase price of the bike and it might take a lot of years to draw even with current costs..
  4. More expensive but way more fun!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Looking for a bike.
    less spent on petrol, no parking cost, insurance not as bad as expected and at least getting something for the money ($56 parking is just throwing it away imo). not to mention the fun :)
  6. I have a ninja 300. Costs $400 a year for comprehensive insurance, next to nothing in petrol, excellent in traffic cause it's small and goes plenty fast to put you on the naughty side of the speed limit. Servicing is a bit pricey but as hornet said thats how it seems to work with bikes. Something like that would be a cheaper option.
    My gixxer on the other hand....best we don't talk about what that badboy costs each year