Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello and METAl test 1993

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by kresmor, Dec 30, 2015.

1. hi all,
    Well I know I am not in Australia, but I hope you will all bear with me as I learnt to ride there when I lived in Darwin with my Aussie Fiancé in the early 1990,s
    I really loved Australia and hoped to live there permanently, but unfortunately my girlfriend clearly decided that she did not want to marry a Pom, so I ended up heading home.

For some time I have had a medical condition that has prevented me from riding here in the UK, but I have just been given the green light to ride again. The only motorcycle licence I ever had was my E1 as a result of doing a METAL 1&2 course in 1993. It was an excellent course and much better than anything here in the UK at the time.

The driver vehicle licensing authority (DVLA) here in the UK have asked if I can prove that I took a test in Australiia. I have sent them my METAL certificate, but no longer have my licence. I have also sent a request to Darwin MVR for a search of my old licence, but the DVLA just want a confirmation that my course involved a formal test. Given that it was 22 years ago, does anyone have any other ideas I might try?

Thanks all
    Andy