Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hello all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by gs250rr, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Good morning all,

I am from Castle Hill and considering getting a bike (within next 6 months). I would be starting from L's and looking forward to the knowledge base in the forum.

As a first step, I would like to find out if anyone here is from Hills District (NSW) and what are their thoughts about riding to city? (daily for work)

Your experiences/opinions would be really appreciated.

Regards
    Gaurav
    * I used to ride a Kawasaki 150cc looong time back when I was a teenager.. so not completely new to motor bikes and very keenly looking forward to it..

2. eh i live in mt druitt and spent abit of time riding to either my work depot in silverwater or to the job sites out in the city...

traffic can be a biatch...dont be afraid to use your horn being a smaller vehicle - people will kill/seriously hurt you without noticing what they are doing. apart from that & being exposed to the weather...it was great - loved it...cut in n out of traffic (not filtering - did it legally) but make sure your good and used to riding again before you do it as there isnt much room for error in/around the city

3. thanks 87crisis
    GS

4. Looks like not many folks out here use M2 to ride to city.
    GS

5. Lol oh the m2? i used the m4/parramatta road.