Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello all

Discussion in 'Cruisers' at netrider.net.au started by swaggie, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Hi all

I am fairly new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Pete (swaggie) and I live in Ipswich QLD
    Lamented for ages about getting a bike again, It’s been 30 odd years since I had a road bike (commuting on a scooter doesn’t count, so I’ve been told) I now have a 2011 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

I got Vance & Hines pipes fitted before I picked the bike up.. sounds great!
    I bought some saddle bags, just have to get some brackets to fit them.

Now I am on the hunt for a hyperchager can anyone give any advice (pros, cons cost) I also want a sissy bar but there seem to be so many types and sizes cant decide what would look best

would like to meet up with some of you for a ride sometime

Cheers Pete

Attached Files:

2. welcome to NR Pete, nice choice of wheels, you'll love it!! You''l get answers to your question from more experienced riders here about the hypercharger, did you get to keep the 'original' pipes? They'd be handy to hang on to down the road !!

3. Welcome Pete!
    And the Yamaha XVS650 cash register goes ka-ching again!! They've sold truckloads of this model, and I still reckon it's one of the prettiest cruisers in the market.

4. Thanks for the welcome goddie... yes i kept the original pipes as i had read on this forum that people were seeking originals before machinery inspections

5. Welcome Swaggie,

there is a ride on this sunday from the story bridge hotel about 8.30 out to boonah and then onto queen Mary Falls or Rathdowny (to be decided at the break) with a group called newbie riders....wont be a fast ride I suspect but no the less a nice easy ride. I am meeting the group on the motorway at Springfield down the Carole Park end if you want to tag along.