Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hello all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ninjashaun, Jul 16, 2011.

1. hello all,

i just joined this forum on not the greatest of terms. my bike was stolen. i'm just putting the word out there in hopes its found in some kind of state. I've posted a full description over in the stolen section, but thought i'd say hello also.

I've been riding for about six years now, started out on a vfr400 (which i still have! will be up for sale soon) back when q-ride let you go straight to opens if you had your open license. after three months of the vfr i upgraded to the zx6r, and had clocked up roughly 40,000km's on it in my five years of ownership.

then he was stolen last week :( i call it he, as the previous owner was action a female, Tanya, really nice lady and treated him well. she labelled him The Brat, as he was a brat to ride over the bumps with such a stiff rear end hehe.. she had that fixed before i bought it, but the name had stuck and it gave character to the bike.. it had history.

anyhow, that's as soppy as i'll get. its been a pretty upsetting time this passed week, but fingers crossed i'll get him back. people like to say take the insurance and get a new bike, but it just doesn't replace that fact that he was MY bike. kinda like a mate that was there whenever i needed to get away..

thanks for listening, hopefully i could come back again with a happier story, perhaps even a new mate (or bike) to share with you all.

2. Welcome to Netrider, Shaun. Really sorry to hear about your bike. :(
  3. G'day shaun, welcome to the party. Sorry to hear about your bike, that's a bit harsh. I hope you get a decent outcome from it. I hope they find him for you.
  4. Welcome to Netrider, sorry it's under such unpleasant circumstances :(.