Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello All.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by MuSKeR, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Hey all,

My name is Rob and I live in Orange in NSW.

I recently just got my self a 1980 Yamaha XT500 to play with. Its not in pristine condition body wise but Ive been 'told' the engine isnt to bad.

I havn't started it as yet as I only took ownership of it Yesterday. I don't think it was a bad deal for a Case of Red Bundy haha.

My history with bikes myself is pretty limited to just riding around on my Pops farm. But through the family its pretty big. My Pop and Dad used to ride in Comps all the time back in the 60's and 70's. And both my uncles are really into them Owning Harleys and Yamaha roadster type things. As well as riding in Comps also.

I dont even have my bike licence yet but Im hopeing to have it by the time I finish with this baby.

I'm going to make a project thread so you guys can see all the mistakes I make haha.

Hope to see you all around.

2. i like the name rob :) welcome to nr!

bloody cheap bike - congrats! lets hope it works at least a little....

looking forward to the progress! :D

3. Welcome :)

Without giving away too much, what sort of racing did your Pop and Dad do, and where?
  4. They use to do Enduro kind of stuff. Ill have to have a look through the boxed trophies dad left me lol.