Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello all!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by benzau, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Hi All,
    My name's Ben, I'm 22 and in a couple of weeks I'm doing my pre-learner course...

Couple of reasons;
    a) A bike seems economical to get to and from work
    b) A couple of the guys at work talked me into it
    c) Seems like fun!

Car wise I own a 94 JZA80 Twin Turbo Supra that's off the road at the moment, and a 92 MX83 Cressida that's my daily.

A coworker showed me these forums a couple of times and they seem cool, so figured I'd join!

That's all for now, I've made a post in the New Rider section for bike recommendations so I'd appreciate all the help I can get!

2. Gday Ben, welcome to the boards mate and a new life when u get your bike
  3. Cheers Ben, welcome to Netrider :).
  4. Welcome Aboard Ben !

Good Luck with the course. I'm jealous you've got an early start @ 22.

It can be, but mostly .. it's a GREAT way to travel
    Sounds like some decent workmates you have there

Don't kid yourself.. motorcylcling is a very serious and dangerous pastime. :p

OK .. FESS UP.. who was it?
    Again .. Welcome Ben.
  5. It was me. I was also one of the parties involved in talking Ben into it, along with a work mate who is a more experienced rider... :grin:

I don't think we really talked you into it... Maybe the fact that we talk about it all the time around you, or when I ride in even if it's 5 degrees outside and tell you it was still a good ride... and how I fill up the tank for $15. lol
  6. did u teach him about ATGATT :)
  7. Well, I did immediately dispel the myth of "all I have to pay for is the bike"... and made him think about the cost of good gear in addition.

I still have to have the ATGATT talk with him though...
  8. Hi Ben

Welcome to NR :)

There is heaps of info available through the forums, take some time to read through and I am sure you will get the answers.

When you are ready head on out to Homebush for the learner sessions :)