Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello all in NRLand

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by redralphy, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Hi all,
    Im a greenhorn in forums, but have recently bought a bike again after 30 years without (wife, kids, mortgage etc,) sure y'all know the deal.
    as a youth it was all trail bikes, this time ive gone the bmw f650gs dakar 2000model. i love the bike, i thought was great value and fairly appropriate to the type of riding im doing (off road firetrails etc, although i have become very aware of the limitations of such a heavy bike) looking to do some longer journeys soon as possible. again, fire trails mixed with highway miles
    its dawned on me ive bought a bike in the middle, bit lacking on hwy, bit heavy on the single trails. But i love it anyway and reckon there may be a big, and/or little brother in the shed with it eventually (soon as possible with the bigger gs models calling me)
    one of the main reasons for joining NR was to discuss an annoying problem thats kept my bike off the road for weeks, but this section of forum may not be the place to start going on about it. but if anyone reading this is a 650 dakar expert, look up the thread im about to start in the problem section, (when i find it.....)
    cheers to all

2. Welcome to the forum Redralphy
  3. Welcome redralphyredralphy great part of the world down there, one of my favourites.
  4. Welcome to Netrider redralphy!
  5. Welcome to NR..
  6. welcome aboard
  7. cheers
  8. thanking you