Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello.. 3 months later... now going for my P's =D

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by kiet88, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I've been on the forums for over 3 months now, I thought it was about time i said a proper Hello... so Hello all fellow netriders. I'm David. I'm currently in my final year studying commerce at Uni melb and work in the city.

I searched around and read on the forums for around a month before I got my learners in late December at RiderBros in Calder Park.

I was in the market for either a Ninja, CBR or Across. I made the decision to go with the Across as i knew the storage compartment would come in extra handy for commuting to uni and work. So two weeks after my learners i bought the bike i wanted:.

[​IMG]

Since then, I have attended almost all the Tuesday Night leaner riders and have enjoyed them tremendously. This bike has treated me well, no issue with it so far. I have used it to commute daily to work in the city and also uni, thats a round trip of 50km every day.

Gear wise, I AGATT, which currently comprises of:
    • Shoei XR1000
    • Dainese leather Newsan
    • Draggin jeans x2
    • Astar GP Plus gloves
    • Sidi Vertigo Corsa
    With winter approaching im currently looking at wet weather gear to purchase online, as there is not that many styles to choose from in stores. But i am tossing up weather to buy leather pants now or wait till spring.

So now that i've clocked up the Km and 3 months have passed, I will be going for my full license on Friday. So this coming Tuesday will officially be my last Learner ride as a learner.

I think thats it.

David

2. Welcome David, you look switched on, stay safe mate

3. In every respect, David, welcome to Netrider and the joys of riding....

wet bum in winter (or any time in Melbourne)

crazy drivers

bugs in summer

nagging, well-meaning friends

etc etc

:LOL:

4. Hi David and welcome to NR.

Good luck going for the licence.

5. Thanks guys... I think i need to winter pants after this morning... my legs were freezing wearing draggins

6. Long johns FTW!

7. Probably a set of wet weather pants over the top of your draggins or a set of thermals under them, will help a lot.