Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Held women's jackets - sizing?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by elsanpedro, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Hi everyone, I'm new here & to riding a motorcycle! Currently looking at buying a leather jacket. I'm petite, 5'0" & 49kgs. Considering this, my best options are Dainese & Rev'it. I have also heard Joe Rocket cater for petite women like me. I have noticed Held have women's jackets in size 34 so just wondering if any ladies have had any experiences with their gear? I have emailed the company websites (Australian & German) so still waiting for a response.

2. This is very un-Justus like :wideyed:
  3. ...... And no thread lock for no post in the welcome thread.

The world must be ending and he hasn't told us yet!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. It's the new, improved Justus, 38% more cleaning power in an attractive new container :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Probably past his use by date......
  6. Oh and G'day Eliza. You're not my niece are you?
  7. On a more serious note, go and try as many on as you can to see how they fit and get a feel for the brand.

After that have a look at the videos here - http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Page.bok?template=Leather+Motorcycle+Jacket+Shopping+Guide

Then look at their range of woman's jackets. Most will have video reviews. While I have yet to see them say anything bad about a product it does give you a better idea about what each one offers.

There in general not cheap and quality varies a lot. If all else fails have a chat to these people who are in Sydney - http://ozmotorcycleleathers.com great people and will give you honest advice as they do repairs on a lot of gear. Given your size custom may well be the way to go.

Cheers Jeremy
  8. A friend of mine bought a Held ladies jacket through the fc-moto website according to their size chart and found it true to size.
    She's also very happy with the jacket.
  9. Take 2:

Hi elsanpedro aka Elise,

On behalf of the Admin, Moderators, and Members of Netrider we'd all like to welcome you to the community. Our goal is to remain the leading resource and online community for Australian motorcycling.

Please let me take this opportunity to highlight to you some of the functionality of Netrider that you may not yet be familiar with ...

Forums - Of course, the most active and interactive module of Netrider. May I suggest you drop by the Welcome Lounge forum and create your first topic to introduce and tell us a little about yourself. It's a great way to get started. Stop by the Help | FAQ if you need some instruction or tips on the functionality and usage of the forums.

Directory - A "Yellow Pages" listing of motorcycling businesses and service providers relevant to Australian riders. Grouped by categories and sub-categories, it's a great way to locate a business or provider your looking for. If you are a business or provider, then please submit your own listing or if one already exists, then claim it and update its details.

Showcase - Add your bike(s) and tell us your story about it/them. Add images into its gallery and include your general and technical information, as well as any modifications you've added. Visit the Showcase homepage and see rankings of the top rated and most popular entries, as well as listing the most recent and latest updated entries.

Blogs - Easily create your own blog or read others blogs. Blogs are a great way to keep a journal about your riding experiences and trips. Whether you're just getting started or have been on two wheels for many, many years it's a terrific way to record and share your thoughts in a linear fashion. Not sure on where to start or what to write - how about using it as a log of the services/maintenance/repairs your bike is lavished with?

Events - An extensive calendar of rides and events for your to participate in and get out from behind the keyboard and meet new friends in person. Check what's coming up soon near you, and visit often so that you don't miss anything. We encourage you to add your own rides/events, or any that you are aware of to share them with the community. It's not just Netrider events, but any event that riders would be interested in.

Articles - Some excellent and valuable articles contributed to Netrider by writers and authors over the years. Check them out if you have not already done so. If you would like to contribute and have a structured article highlighted here, then we'd love to hear from you so please get in touch and send your article too.

Help - A rose by any other name! More about Netrider, FAQs, Medals, Trophies, Smilies, Privacy Policy - its all here. Also check out the Site Discussion and Help forum or use the Contact Us page if you still don't have the answer you seek.

Premium Membership - Taking your community involvement to the next level. For just the once-off price of a few coffee's you can become a Premium Member of Netrider and enjoy the good karma and increased functionality that comes with it. Not to mention your forum posts showing the notoriety of you being a Premium Member. Click on your username at the very top of the page, and choose the Account Upgrades option.

We are happy to have you as part of our community, and hope you enjoy all that we offer - just make sure you post your messages in right forum OK.

<3 Justus <3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Justus is OK everybody. He's back on his medication. :]

I do have a niece named Eliza and she wants to ride!
  11. Yeah a 2005 Henschke Hill of Grace.
  12. Gawd, next thing you know, he'll actually ride a blinkin' bike!
  13. Hey guys, thanks for the input. I will post on the welcome thread!

I could post a photo for you to decide but maybe best to take things a bit slow? ;-)

I don't think so... I don't have an uncle in Melbourne, not that I know of anyway. Unless your niece is a petite Filipino, then maybe?

Thanks heaps Jeremy, I'll have a look at those links. I have tried one Dainese jacket in the 38 which is a perfect size fit but it's seems difficult to find these. A couple of Alpinestars in the 38 have also been good. There is a particular Held jacket I've got my eyes on although the cut looks a bit too long on the torso from photos.

Thanks AlGroover, from short reviews on online stores I've also read that Held seem true to size. I recently bought a jacket from FC-moto after they confirmed a size conversion but it was way off & had to send it back to Germany for $81!
  14. Hi Eliza, welcome to the nut house!

My wife has a 'Shift Siren' leather jacket in white and it comes in XS and hight/weight is similar to yours.

The jacket is great quality and very well armoured. Definately worth a look.
  15. hey babe get the tightest gear you can find, if you need help getting it back off just give me a yell. im quite
    good at that
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. #18 NAK, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    Is she pretty?? If yes, I won't mind letting her ride my CB400 :X3:
  17. Hana @NAK@NAK. You have to handle her wacky nature - think you are up to it? Don't think this Eliza is my niece, or she'd recognise the name