Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Held Motorcycle Apparel

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Blatz, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hi people.

I'm looking at purchasing some new riding gear when I get my new bike and have found these guys...

A German company making riding gear who have apparently been doing it very well for "over 60 years...". I understand it isn't stocked by anyone in Australia but found FC-Moto online and they have very attractive pricing. I emailed the guys at Revzilla who tell me they put it on par with Dainese and Alpinestars in terms of quality and performance.

I want leather pants and jacket as I'm using textile at the moment and just want the extra protection leather provides.

Has anyone had any experience with the brand? I can't seem to find write ups on it in the forums.
  2. I don't know anything about that brand but if you would like to look at www.tigerangel.com.au
    They make some amazing gear...top quality leathers. They make stuff foe State police forces also.
  3. Held makes very very good race gloves from what i hear, their suits are raved about by brian van on sportbiketrackgear, he has video reviews on lots of their products and such, should be a great resource for you.

I would highly recommend them by the way, ive bought over 2k worth of stuff from them over the last few months and the service is better then you get at a brick and mortar store here in australia. When i buy gear from them it almost always results in a huge email conversation about what i should buy and whats right for me.

A tip though, get express post. it costs more but is well worth it, get a big buy together with your riding mates and split the costs, thats what i do.

I hear tigerangel is good, but makes you look like a 55year old at a vintage bike swap meet, their gear has no style at all.

No offence if you are actually 55 :p
  4. Alright, thanks I'll check out the sportbiketrackgear site and see if I can get in touch with the distributor for prices and avaialability!
  5. That's not a good sign then :)
  6. Really? So you're saying they aren't as good as Dainese? I'm trying to figure out what to expect before potentially buying seeing as I can't try any of their stuff on. Dainese is definitely not out of the picture, it's number one on the list, I just like the price tag of Held more :p
  7. I don't know if they are as good as Dainese but I do know their stuffs is pretty good.
  8. I bought a pair of Held Talon gloves for winter riding here in Canberra from a British store. The price was good the service was excellent and the gloves are waterproof (my Five gloves got saturated on the same ride I wore the Held gloves). They have a thumb and two lots of two fingers on each glove so you look like Mr Spock, but they work well.
  9. They are insinuating that Dainese is shite (I have both Dainese and A* leathers and they are the only ones that have held up to the stuff I put them through, everything else has failed).

I have not personally owned any Held gear but I hear very positive things for everyone I know that has some.
  10. My brother has just placed an order for Held Safer leather jacket from FC-Moto.
    Will probably be another 2-3 weeks before it gets here though.
    I will report back on how it goes.
  11. Awesome, thanks for all the responses. Look forward to hearing back from you djc926
  12. The Held stuff does look good . First time I've heard about it though.
  13. After a long 3 weeks wait, I finally received my Held Safer leather jacket.
    I'm happy to report that it fits me perfectly and it looks and feels great.
    Being full leather, it does get quite hot when you are stuck in traffic but the ventiliation zipper at the front allows tons of airflow when you are moving.
    All in all, I strongly recommend it. Let me know if you have any questions about the jacket.
  14. Pics if possible, please. Or the URL of the jacket you bought. :)