Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Heavy Through Corners

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by Simigh, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Hi all!

Quick background, 2013 Suzuki Inazuma 250.

So just had its 6k service a few days ago and the bike just DOSENT feel right at slow speeds and cornering. It feels like it wants to pull either left or right when pulling off from lights or below 30kph and when going round corners it feels stiff and heavy.

I will take it back to the shop and let them know but any ideas what it may be?
    Tyre pressure is fine and no adjustments made to the suspension as far as I know during the service.

Thanks in advance

2. There are many possible causes, but ask whether they did any work on the head stem bearings and/or did anything that may have caused the rear wheel to become misaligned. Have a really good look at any cables from the controls to see if they are fouling something or are too tight at any point from lock to lock.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hi Titus

Thanks for that, I did check to see if anything was fouling the front but nothing I put the bike on some paddock stands and checked the rear wheels alignment by sight :).
    I was thinking about the head stem bearing and that was going to be my number one question to the workshop tomorrow.

4. Sounds like the steering head bearings are over tight although I'd think it unusual that they'd be messing with those at only 6000 km.
    Back in the olden days we'd just do them up until the play went away but nowadays the factories seem to specify a torque setting.
    Of course, it could be that the bearings were a bit loose and this is what they're supposed to be like.