Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Heated Gloves questions

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by KumuduG, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Hi Guys. Let me explain my dilemma. I ride all year round and during the heavy winter times the gloves I use provides me with just enough protection from cold [ Or that's what I used to think ] I use liners and goves and in very cold days I have had numb hands after rides. [only some days.]. As I found out recently it's not very good for my nerve endings bla bla. Anyway I'm thinking of going for a pair of heated gloves. So my questions are

1) At the moment I'm leaning towards heated gloves instead of heated grips. Is this a good idea or should I just go for heated grips?

2) What products you use?

3) Since summer is on its way will I be able to find any clearance items on sale? Do you know of any place I should keep an eye out for?

4) I couldn't find any decent products in shops. All the stuff I see are on-line. Any place I should be shopping at? [I'm in Mel by the way ]

Any light you guys can shed on this matter is appreciated.
  2. Heated grips would be a better, more cost-effective solution. This couipled with a good set of winter/waterproof gloves will work a treat.

I don't have heated grips (yet) but rode every day this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I use -30C Ski gloves, I also use the same gloves to ski in, One pair I bought from the last Aldi sale, $13-00 work very well.
    My others came from china online, $15-00 Delivered, also work great,
    They are designed for skiing on ice so are very tough if you fall off your bike, Which I have,
    I ride year round, These are wind and rain proof, They do get a smell up after being wet, But I just chuck them in the wash with my clothes,
    That gets rid of the musty smell,
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I've got a couple pair of good winter gloves, but I was doing a run from Canberra to Bathurst a couple of years ago, it started snowing at Blaney and my hands were starting to feel it. I had a set of fluro yellow & green Aldi snow gloves I keep in the pannier just in case I get my normal gloves wet, I put these on and they were much better than my winter riding gloves. And I think they were the same $13 specials mentioned by DM. So if it's only occasionally you need the extra warmth and can take the ribbing from your fellow riders it's a pretty cheap investment, just remember there's no armor on them.

I also ride with one of those thin silky type (Aldi) bike balaclavas, this also helps in winter, but surprisingly is not noticeable in summer - best way to keep my earmold speakers from being yanked out when I put my helmet on.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I've got these Barkbusters Blizzard Universal Handguards with heated grips. Damn ugly, but boy do they do a great job.

I also have heated gloves, but haven't used them yet. Mine connect to the bike battery via a harness worn inside my jacket, but you can get rechargeable battery ones too.
    • Like Like x 1