Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Heart vs Mind.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ElDopa, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Hello fellow riders. I am 45 today and after a bit of an truancy on the motorcycling front, I am back in the fold. I have owned, loved, been frustrated with and mesmerised by quirky Italians. I often wonder why I keep going back to them. Well I am one of those people whose heart always rules the mind. Yes I always take into consideration the 'sensible' option, always look at the list of issues and the outstanding character and behaviour of the competition, but after all is said and done, there was never going to be any other choice. This will be my third italian bike after a 74 ducati 750 GT and a Laverda 750 SF2 and the only new bike I have ever owned. So I am really excited to soon feel a new breed sports bike under my ageing bones and will report back on the MV Agusta F3 800. After that is paid off I will then look at a used 848 Corse SE, a used 899 Panigale (by then), or one of the new Norton Cafe Racers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to your mid life crisis.
  3. Ha. I prefer to think of it as a Re-Birth.
  4. Welcome.
    After you find out that the MV hurts your back, why not try a Moto Guzzi Griso.

5. Re-birth, Crisis, Long-awaited Awakening... either way, congratulations on the new ride, and welcome :)
  6. Nah it's a crisis.
  7. Welcome to the rest of your life(y)
  8. Welcome , and Happy Birthday !
  9. G'day, Italian bike's still sell well despite the hype, they are rarely boring, they usually look good and sound good.
  10. Or the Breva 1100. But then again if his looking at the F3 the Grisso would be a better choice.
  11. Welcome to your mind life crisis. see you on two wheels somewhere.
  12. Never thought I'd see @87crisis mentioned in so many posts... oh wait, mid life crisis.. not crisis crisis.. got it :p

Welcome mate.. enjoy yourself (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. What a brilliant choice of bike and what a way to return to the sport! I don't think you'll be disappointed one bit.

Like you, I've always had an affinity for Italian bikes and hope to add an F4 or an F3 to the stable within a couple of years. After I get that out of the way, I could see a Duc and/or Bimota in my distant future.

Great minds think alike. ;)

Welcome to NR, and soon welcome to the MV club!
  14. What a great bunch of people. I already feel like i'm part of an extended family. Sort of like the Mafia.
  15. welcome and enjoy the fun
  16. Anyone who has owned a Laverda is welcome :D

I lust for the 2004 Laverda concept SFC1000
  17. welcome to the funny farm :)
  18. Welcome bud, thats an awsome machine right there .. I've been taken by the F3 since it's inception, and now they have gave it a bit more 'ticker' I really want one now . .though at 51, I may go the brutal way

I love Italian stuff and will stick with them I think

Keep us informed on how it performs

That Laverda is drop dead beautiful as well ..
  19. @hallmar a Tuono 'aint too bad either.....

I'm a fellow Ape-ist......gotta love the Italians.....