Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

health insurance

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by zilly, Oct 15, 2007.

1. I am planning on getting full comprehensive insurance for my bike. Should I also be looking at health insurance, or just let the public system work?

2. private health insurance is a must these days
  3. In Vic you get income protection + ambulance without an insurance (not in NSW) .
    If you are in an accident, you will be treated regardless if you have or not private HC. If you don't mind sharing a room with other 6 people, then don't bother.
    However, PHC has other benefits, less tax, extras etc, which might be good for you, so have a look.

If you have the money... :wink: :LOL:
  4. I have private health insurance... it's not essential, but it's nice to have.
  5. Cool, thanks for the info =D
  6. PHC will also bump you to the top of the queue for non-life-threatening stuff like knee reconstructions and spinal repair physio. Wait just weeks instead of years for this? Yes please. IMHO this is the killer argument for PHC.
  7. Comprehensive insurance on a bike is a good idea. I'd prioritise, life, health and income protection before the bike insurance though. The amount of cover of each of those is dependant on who you need to support and what debts you carry.
  8. Very good advice, best to go for a Income protection plan, at least for the sake of the family.
  9. Yeah I don't have any kids, so the income protection is not a worry to me.

But I do like the idea of not having to wait for several years to get some sort of operation, I will go investigate some health insurance plans =D
  10. Dont forget ambulance cover.
    I paid that same time i got my L's, only $60/year for singles.
  11. ahhhh just wave a wad of cash around
    You be surprised just how fast one can queue jump with that & 9 times out of ten get a nice little sum chopped of the bill because one is paying in cash :wink: