Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Health cover for track days

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by KANGA, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Hey guys, just wondering if there were any health insurances that cover track days and if so how crazy are the prices?

2. #2 D1300, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    All you really need is ambulance cover. If you haven't got it already, it's a good thing for any biker (dirt, road or track) in case you need one of those expensive helicopter rides one day.

Edit: I meant that it should be added on to your private cover if it isn't there already.
  3. Yeh my private health has ambo cover (2 rides a year), that's good enough for the MA licensing people.

The only time I could see a potential issue would be if you had a suspended civil license, lied to the track day people then had a big crash and went to hospital. Maybe your Heath cover would try and stiff you (that's what someone told me at the track once).
  4. But not good enough to keep you out of financial trouble though.

Ambo Ride 1. Track to local Hospital,
    Ambo Ride 2. Local Hospital to Heli Pad (your 2 ride cover just ran out by the way)
    Ambo Ride 3. Helicopter ride to major hospital costing thousands out of your pocket......

The important thing with all forms of Health and Life Insurance is disclosure, ask &/or tell them what you do in writing and ensure you're covered in writing.
  5. Make sure you read the fine print on your ambulance cover for your private health insurance. I am sure not all insurers cover a helicopter ride and those rides are pretty damn expensive. You're better of having a separate ambulance cover such as Ambulance Victoria which cover you for all rides and probably cheaper too.

If you have income protection or life insurance...they might not cover you also. My income protection would cost me $2500 more if I was to put racing/track day accidents as part of my cover. Can't remember on my life insurance though, should check that out.