Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Healesville Kooweerup rd, Yellingbo

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by julesm007, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Approx 5klms south of Yellingbo general store, 3 massive dips have formed in the road, I say dips as opposed to pot holes as the asphalt is as yet unbroken! Unfortunately, there are quite a few areas on that rd between Woori Yallock and Cockatoo that need to be treated with care as they have now placed permanent rough surface signs in the bad spots, so please take notice of these signs and take care!!

2. the rough surface signs are all over the place around Healesville. have they run out of money to make repairs? (there's a nasty one on the spur as well)
  3. I'm starting to think the cost of continually repairing these bad spots has hit the top of its budget!! Some of the roads fall under VicRoads jurisdiction while the minor roads are the local council's responsibility.

Some of these spots have been repaired over and over again but they keep falling apart and I believe it is due to the high volume of large trucks that are using these secondary roads to access the Dandenong/Pakenham areas.

I live on the road mentioned above and am constantly amazed by the sheer number of log and quarry trucks that zoom along these roads.

Anyway, please take notice of these signs as they can sometimes be a slight understatement of what road damage is just around the corner.

Perhaps when there has been a major accident at one of these spots something will be done. Or will it just then be signed as a "black spot".

And I understand that Victorian registrations are going up too.