Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Headlight sizes

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by indo_bumm, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Hi all,

Noob Question :oops:

what is the common headlight sizes for motorbikes in AUS? H4 ? are they High/low beam or have sepperate lights for high beam?

What about bikes like cbr250rr ? accross?etc?

I am a noob with bikes........ I dun even have one yet ... dying for one gotta save sum money its hard when you also own a car.....

thanks in advance

cheers

2. Depends on the bike. Most (all?) 250s run a dual-filament globe although a lot of larger bikes use seperate lights for high and low beam. I know the Suzuki Bandit uses a standard H4 globe - so I reckon the Across would be the same. The CBR will also take a H4 with minor modification (the genuine globe is basically just an overpriced H4 with a slightly different fitting). Other bikes also run H4s, some use H7s and others use something completely different (so you're forced to buy a genuine part to replace them).

3. THX mate.... so the most common one will still be H4s for bikes.... ??

:cool: