Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Headlight replacement?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by HunkyDory, Aug 3, 2012.

1. #1 HunkyDory, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Hi guys,

I got a roadworthy done a few weeks ago and the only real issue was the headlight needed being re-positioning.

I'm wanting to replace the current bulbs and by using [URL="]THIS[/URL] video, it's looks very easy.

My question is, is it possible to 'throw off' the positioning again by following this guide or was the original repositioning of the actual globe housing/socket?

Thanks guys,
  2. Does your headlight allow you to open the it without unbolting it from the holding bracket? If no, then simply mark with a texta a point of reference to re align it as it currently sits
  3. Following the video tutorial I hyperlinked, it doesn't look like I need to, just under the instrument cluster, you can remove the rubber grommet and pull the original one out and slot another one in. :D
  4. If you have enough clearance, then you're doing well, they alway have a 'slot' type of base so they only fit in, one way. do not touch the glass of your globe with your fingers!! Always use a rag [clean of course' if you are to hold the glass for some reason.