Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

headlight bulb replacement

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by morganxxx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

Does anyone know where to get the S2 12v 35/35w bulb from? Otherwise known as a BA20D. I couldn't get a pink slip because my high beam failed on the bulb?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Supercheap Autos probably have. Recently replaced my headlight. The "better" optioned (dearer) light cost me about $22, and works better than my original light.
  3. Are you sure its the BA20D or s2? Because I've been doing a search for the last hour and can't find it anywhere in Australia. People get them from the UK or China. I was hoping MCAS would have it or even ring the wreckers. I'm in dire straits.
  4. Supercheap have a lot of the bulbs that are common to cars as well as bikes. You may not have luck with a BA20D because it is a specific motorcycle bulb. You may need to try a motorcycle store. If you don't have any luck both Philips and Osram make them maybe contact them and ask for a local agent.
  5. Philips.com.au 12728, "S2 12728 12V 35/35W BA20d"

S2 12748 RA 12V 45/40W BA20d

should eb available at most parts stores (or can be ordered in)

or try somewhere that sells scooters..
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Thanks for your help everyone. Paid a visit to MCAS and luckily they had one left. Might look into upgrading the headlight because it's not very bright so night riding would be a bit of a worry.
    • Agree Agree x 1