Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Headlight brightness Vstar 650 Classic

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Sharkie, Oct 24, 2014.

1. was wondering if anyone has replaced the standard globes on their vstars with something brighter?
    i travel some dark areas on my way home at night and find find that i struggle to see the road if i have oncoming traffic with lights on, maybe i am just spoiled as the car has these flash new super bright lights..
    any ideas are appreciated..

2. #2 Tone2, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    Yep - pick up something like a Narva Plus 120 at Repco or somewhere similar. Much better. The standard beam is generally aimed too low so get a Phillips screwdriver out and adjust it up to improve the lighting.

And make sure it's a H4 fitting
  3. If it uses h4 bulbs I put a Phillips +100% 60/55 in my gs500 and reaimed. Made a massive difference
  4. I got some Narva copies at Aldi on one of their sales. They were supposed to be 50% whiter and brighter and on the bike they did make a difference. I also had to lift the aim about 5 degrees on my 2011 custom.
    On the US bike forums they all talk about using LED globes, but I've not tried them.
  5. The original lights on the v star are as bright as a birthday cancel.( a cheap one at that.) I upgraded mine to HID type light and found it great , but the constant vibration seemed to make em drop their guts. 2 bulbs later I switched it back to Phillips +120 s and with a bit of fiddling with the adjusters got quite a good result.
  6. Thanks for that, all good info, will head out over the weekend & get a phillips +120s. Might do some research on the LEDs as well.
  7. thanks again all, went to Repco and grabbed a 'Repco 60/55 plus 120 Supreme Power' they say 120% brighter.. works great, can now see road clearly.. $30 with racq discount..