Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Head-spin Anime - Furi Kuri

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Roaster, Jul 21, 2009.

1. For the anime / manga nerds:

Just started watching this anime last night - same guys who did NGE. Apparently the producers just gave Hideki Anno a budget and said "go crazy" (as if NGE wasn't crazy enough).

Anyway, he took the budget and went crazy. 2 episodes in, a boy has sprouted massive fighting robots from his head, been absorbed into one of them and then pooped out the other end. The robots started sprouting from his head when an alien whacked him in the head with her rip-cord electric guitar after running him over with her supersonic yellow scooter. The kid's older brother's girlfriend has been left in japan while his bro plays baseball, so she is kinda cracking onto the younger bro. And she is a pyromaniac who set fire to their school

Dizzying stuff, but the animation is top quality, the music is great, and the style is fresh as hell.

Has anyone seen it? Does anyone still watch cartoons? Am I too old for this sh!t?

flcl.

2. I haven't seen this, but youtube Paprika... THAT right there is some wierd shite, and I'm no stranger to wierd Anime... :shock:

3. Yes, I have all three DVDs. Yes, it is good.

4. I've seen it...

...I still don't get it!

5. does it have any tentacles in it? :grin:

6. ....as in touched by his noodly appendage..... :wink:

:p

7. I finished the series last night - hungry for more. That is the way telle should be.