Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Head checks are worthless if...

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by rc36, Jun 1, 2009.

1. ....there's nothing in the head.

Cruising past a "P" plater on the F6 this morning. Moved quickly out of his blind spot and noticed him check his mirror and do a head check. Slower car in front of him so he was going to change lanes. All good so far.

Then the idiot pulls straight into my lane and carries me onto the shoulder on the right side of the road!!!!

:? :? :?
  2. the wheel was spinning but the mouse was dead......

Glad you're still around - could have been much worse but damn some idiots really give you the ..........!
  3. Holy $h!t! :shock: Glad you got out of that one unscathed. It's not just the cages that are out to get you, huh?
  4. That's pretty bad.

Glad you got out of it.
  5. its knobs like that, that make me wish i had a extendable police batton on my bike...
  6. totally your fault, should have guessed they would move over after head check, not enough buffering etc

[/netrider party line]
  7. only thing worse than someone not seeing you... someone seeing you and not caring

police batton is cool but you couldnt put it away on the bike i hear a can of spray paint is good :p
  8. what about the over spray on ya bike??
    you would have to attack it every weekend with thinners..
  9. Just curious, if you moved out of his blind spot, and still managed to see him head-check, are you sure you were completely out of the blindspot. It might be larger/longer than you thought. I know a few times where I have gone, where has that rider gone, done a head-check, and not caught it in the corner of the eye, but knowing he was still there I checked again, and sure enough he was right beside me....

So if the rider hadn't been paying attention to what was behind him he may not have registered you with the head check
  10. Iknow I will get a pounding from others for this but, $h!t happens. I would think that if you saw the driver do a head check that you would take care of number one and buffer more.

Also not saying this is what happened in this case, but it is possible that a cager does do a head check and they simply do not see you! Have driven a car for 15 years; I have and still do a head check even if I know there is nothing there, and yes I have missed riders on the odd occasion, but I have always made a point to indicate that I stuffed up and apologize. Most importantly am glad to hear you are ok mate!
  11. Not trying to criticise because I'm still pretty new at this, but I had to read your post a couple of times. So you saw him check his blind spot and his mirrors and knew he was going to change lanes, so you got out of the way and then he ran you off the road anyway.

So instead of in his blindspot you were next to the front of his car? :?