Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

He nodded yes it was a Harley!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by matti-san, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Filtering through the backed up traffic on Nepean Hwy yesterday and could hear over my Ipod the distinctive rumble of a Harley. Quick squizz in the mirror and there he was open face helmet, black leathers, denim cut off the whole stereotype bearing down on me through the traffic. :evil:

Pulled up at the lights harley pulls up next me, I have to look and to my surprise :shock:

he nods

I say g'day, aren't you a bit cold in that helmet,

He says yah get used to it catch ya later
    he then dumps the clutch burns me off at the lights.

So they do nod!!! :grin:
  2. wow... they CAN bend their necks!

3. OH Bull Shit Matt, your writing a fiction novel aren't you
  4. :rofl:
    Not all of them are bad.
  5. Sorry, I thought it was genetic abnomalty which sadly only aflicted HD riders......
  6. Its not genetic... they start out being able to bend their necks but they freeze up from riding with an open face helmet all time!
  7. So, you happy now???

He probably rode off to the club house, and posted on the Harley Forum

"Filtering through the backed up traffic on Nepean Hwy yesterday ........"
  8. But how do you post that in pictures only... :LOL: :LOL:
  9. Now people don't take this the wrong way, it's just people have been bagging cruiser riders for not nodding and I am guilty as the next man in jumping to conclusions based on external appearances. This shows that bikers are bikers regardless of the bike.

Anyway it was a light hearted moment on an otherwise dreary ride to work.
  10. classic, have to love type casting people :LOL:

Cheers :cool:
  11. If we couldn't sterotype people this forum would end up completely devoid of humour... :wink:

We'd be forced to only stay with the groberts and vic jokes
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. what colour bike? sounds like my dad lol

He's a nice bikey... doesn't look it but he is niceonce he speaks :)
  13. It was a 2006 blue Dyna Low Rider I think?
  14. I get nod's all the time, must be because I'm on a cruiser... Until september, that is...

45 more sleeps, not that I'm counting!! :dance:
  15. I find bikies will definitely nod, posers will not.
    Defining poser, it is the Harleys with tassles on teh handlebars, riders with fringed leathers etc.

Regards, Andrew.
  16. I believe he was named Harold, who is a CPA.

Was his manbag on the back?
  17. hhahahah, too funny Paul! :LOL:
  18. :rofl: i just bought a fringed jacket
    and a set of fringed saddle bags from america
    and i DONT own nore want a Harley
    i have always wanted them way back to 20 years ago
    and got them finally
    (given up horses after 38 years >
    Still need some leather near me mates said :grin: )

and i always Nod to riders and rarely not recieved a returned Nod
  19. In the first few weeks of having my little red scooter I pulled up behind what is to me a huge a harley at a set of lights.

The rider turned his head to look at me, and made a "get over here" gesture with his head.

So me and my little red scooter inch our way forward, thinking "what have i done" when he gives me a big grin and tells me "you don't have to stay that far back - we don't bite" :p

Made my day!!
    Mind you, I haven't had a single nod from a harley rider since!!!
  20. Haha, this is hilarious....i nod at every bike i see, and its amazing how many sports bike riders dont even bother nodding back.....dont know if its because they dont expect me to nod or if they are just being arrogant. And its not just some harley riders that are posers, i see sooooo many guys on sports bikes who think they are motogp riders who insist on flying past you at a million miles an hour inches away from your handlebars.....