Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HD 883 custom

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Darrin Hodges, Mar 19, 2016.

1. #1 Darrin Hodges, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
    Ok, so recovering well after my accident (4 weeks ago as I write this post). A few days ago I put a deposit on a HD 883 custom 100th anniversary edition (it may have the 1200 kit, not sure). Not what I set out to buy,certainly doesn't look like the zx14 I had in mind! Anyway, pickup next week and looking forward to chugging around town :)

I'm still on crutches, so the dude didn't know what to think when I crutched into the showroom. :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Congrats on the purchase..

Like your enthusiasm...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Congrats mate. Be interested to hear how that switch in thinking worked as that's quite a massive change from ZX to HD... ;)
  4. The psychology associated with an off maybe ?? Or not.
  5. Never been a great fan of faired bikes, like to see the motor. The sprint was the odd one out, though I will miss its zippiness!

Cruiser -> sprint -> cruiser -> who knows
  6. the 883 looks nice, plenty of bling options there if you want them. they do have a bit of clearance if you want to somewhat sporty. knees in the breeze is always good.