Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Haynes manual's?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Sancho123456, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Howdy all i own a RVF-400 and am an absolute newbie, i have seen that there is a Haynes service manual available for it hopefully it can fill me in on basic servicing needs. Basically i am wondering if any one has any of these Haynes manuals (for any model of bike) and can explain if they are useful or a waste of money?

Also if anyone has any sites that have owners manuals online?

Thanks

2. Do a search of the forums and you'll find manuals listed - not sure if your bike is covered though.

3. I found a great site when looking for an owners manual for my CBR250RR as my bike didn't come with an owners manual or originally get produced with one in English... was a very hard task finding one in English!! :eek:

The Haynes manuals are great, and if you go to Repco you can order in a general maintenance manual for motorbikes (30% sale on now for Haynes manuals) which is very useful and most people will recommend that you get this if you're looking at doing your own servicing and maintenance on your bike

4. I have this manual, it covers both the rvf (nc35) and the vfr (nc30). It's extremely helpful, I would recommend to all owners of these bikes that they purchase one, as becasue they're grey imports there's not a lot of dealer support (parts or service).

There's no manual available online for the rvf400 as they were never released in English speaking countries, the haynes manual is as good as it gets and explains everything simply.

PM sent.

5. All the Haynes manuals I've had have been very useful and I'd certainly recommend them.

6. Do be aware that in some circles the publication is referred to as the "Haynes Book of Lies"

see also
    http://tinyurl.com/ksqnw

I have both the Haynes and Clymer manuals for my bike, and tend to refer to both of them before any 'big' or unfamiliar job.

7.  Top