Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News Hayden to WSBK

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' at netrider.net.au started by NetriderBot, Oct 14, 2015.

1. 2006 MOTOGP Champion Nicky Hayden is the first premier-class champion to move to World Superbikes.
    In 2016 Hayden will follow other high-profile MotoGP stars like Carlos Checa and Max Biaggi – who both went on to win Superbike titles – in the production-based series.
    “World Superbikes is a championship that I followed closely as a kid when a lot of American riders were fighting at the front. It just seems like the right time and the right team to go with. I know I’ve got a lot to learn and it’s going to be a big challenge, but also I’m very motivated to start and learn what I can. I’d like to say thanks to everyone who has supported me through my MotoGP career. We had a good run but now it’s time to move on and try something different”, Hayden said in a press release.
    Hayden will join young Dutchman Michael van der Mark in the Ten Kate Team.
    Hayden was a Superbike champion in his native USA before joining the World Championship in 2003.

1444693334_thumb.

The post Hayden to WSBK appeared first on Cycle Torque Magazine.

Continue reading...