Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hayabusa or ZX10R

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by xlur8, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Hey guys and girls have a chance at buying a 1999 hayabusa or a 2005 zx10R will be doing a little bit of touring just contemplating which bike both are around the same price any thoughts cheers

2. touring? zx10?

you can fit bar risers and stuff but i can't imagine you're going to get much comfort out of a zx10, the bus would probably be a bit better.

perhaps as something to think about but a sport tourer v2, sv, falco or vtr? unless the warp speed factor is the key... twins are nice when you want to just cruise / tour.
  3. The busa would be more comfortable. But I do long distance on my 2011 ZX10 and its fine.

My ZX10 is for sale by the way check it out ;)
  4. snowman thx man this 2005 zx10r if half the price i just thought for 6gran would be a beter buy then the hayabusa cheers
    just sold my zzr1100 might regret it
  5. The bus is cramped i thought -too low. The 05 zx10 is roomier in leg room
  6. Zx-10.

The busa might actually be a better bike, but for the majority of times when you are riding normally, the busa is big, heavy, and not much fun in traffic.

The zx-10, isn't ideal either, but it's a better choice all up, and it's alot younger. That's 6 yrs of developement time for bikes, which is quite alot.
  7. Wouldn't a ZX14 better compare to a 'busa?
  8. Thx for the replays guys decided to buy the zx10
  9. Sorry a bit late, stick with the busa better for 2 up great for touring their big and comfy,nothing wrong with the zx10 like em as well but their is a differance between the age