Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Having trouble spelling?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by billsabiker, May 4, 2007.

1. I can't help but notice that many on here (as seems to be the norm on all forums) struggle to spell...so I thought I'd post links for a couple of "free" programs that I find useful.

The first one is called "iespell"

It can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.iespell.com/download.php

The second one is called "TheSage's English Dictionary and Thesaurus"

It can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.sequencepublishing.com/thesage.html#download

2. I don't think their is a kneed four it.

3. Hee-hee- you are stooopid! :rofl:

4. Deleted double post...
    (hee-hee... I am stoopid too.... :oops: )

5. hey some of us are DNA members and prowd of it...

National Dyslexics Association
    badge 0158

:wink:

6. well, i do get confused sometimes between the spelling i used to teach, the spelling the kids in my class actually used, the spelling i use when i txt, the spelling i use when i blog, the spelling i use on forums, and the 'official' spelling i have to use at work.....

aw geeze, i'll just stick with what i do......

7. Firefox version 2 has a built in spell checker. It underlines spelling errors in red, and you just right-click on them on select the correct spelling.

And from what i've heard IE7 does aswell. I don't recommend upgrading your browser especially at work if you use web based apps, cause I find there's a lot of compatibility issues.

But it's easy to roll them back to the previous versions.

Firefox2.

8. Nice post there Ktulu... that one woulda passed the spell checker... :LOL:

...and strangely, if you ponder it for too long... it kinda makes sense... :eek:

9. Figured it was probably a waste of time...no one seems to care whether they spell correctly these days or not....

I must be getting old.... :(

10. Not true billsabiker... I am really fussy about my spelling.

I think that the people who cannot spell may have downlaoded the spell-checker instead of speaking up and posting here. :wink:

11. Fokes ar dum were I cume from

12. hehehe....i have to sometimes resist the urge to take out my old red pen with some of the things i read at work......the old teacher in me just can't resist!

13. That's a yes and no for me. I don't really worry about my spelling when it comes to posting stuff. But I make I a lot of spelling mistakes when logging jobs and adding note to our web-based call logging program at work. But i realised something like that will help me out at work cause i'm usually too lazy to type the notes out in Outlolok, check the spelling, then paste it.

And once i've added notes they can't be edited. I'll be checking them out when i'm back at work on Monday. So cheers for the heads-up! :)

14. i usually spell pretty good. most are typo's as opposed to not knowing how to spell it. if i don't know, i just type define: word into google. and if i get it wrong it usually tells me :)

15. Hmmm...yes...well... :wink:

16. I just happen to like double letters in everything! :grin:

17. I dont know if it is just me but i think i know how to spell most things correctly but when i have something exciting to say after coming in from a ride, the gloves dont hit the keys accurately, then i get sick of back spaceing and trying again and figure that people really dont mind interpreting lol

18. spelling is the only form of education that doesn't mean squat.

i would rather have a dr who can treat me and cant spell then a dr that cant treat yet can spell.

the only downside of not being able to spell is that you look stupid. not being able to spell simply means that your shocking at spelling and that's it.

just like those football players who are great at the game, think they're great at everything and they're not exactly articulate or smart.

no one's good at everything. our spelling system is illogical so i don't judge people by their inability to spell. although, it can mean they don't do any reading and that's a shame.

so don't jump to the point of floccinaucinihilipilification.

stump it up! :cool:

19. There is a difference between not being able to spell and not being able to type! :wink: :LOL:

20. What annoys me is the people on here that copy someone else's post into 'word' and then repost it back into here to highlight their spelling and comprehension errors. If they were that literate they wouldn't need a program to pick on someone else. :mad: