Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Haven't seen this scam before. Got a giggle

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Doggy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Arrived in my in-box tonight:

>From the FMF, Federal Ministry of Finance
    No 12 edid lanwe Idumota Lagos
    Honourable Minister of State for Finance,
    Approved by the Nigerian Government

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to officially inform you that we have verified your contract file presently on my desk, and I found out that you have not received your payment due to your lack of co-operation and not fulfilling the obligations giving to you in respect to your contract payment.

Secondly, you are hereby advised to stop dealing with some non-officials in the bank as this is an illegal act and will have to stop if you so wish to receive your payment immediately.

After the Board of director's meeting held in Abuja, we have resolved infinding a solution to your problem. We have arranged your payment through our SWIFT CARD PAYMENT CENTRE in Europe, America,Africa and Asia Pacific,This is part of an instruction/mandate passed by the Senate inrespect to overseas contract payment and debt re-scheduling.

And also the Nigerian Government is using this mean to rewards all the citizens of the United states and all part of europe including asia,australia, south america, Antartica e.t.c in all those who have lost their funds in either scam, or an

uncompleted business, or otherwise, You should know that if you are interested to receive your ATM card which will be credited with $920,000 united states dollars before it is been sent to you direct to your doorstep through the Fedex courier service.

If you like to receive your fund this way,Kindly get back to me with the following informations below so i can start arrangement on how to get your Atm Card shipped to you

(1) Your Full Name.
    (2) Full residential address.
    (3) Phone And Fax Number.
    (4) Occupation.
    (5) personal identification.
    (6) Age:
    (7) country

This message is supported by the Nigerian Government, After you might have started making use of your ATM card, you can reward my firm one way
    or the other you knows best.

Thanks for your co-operation.

>From the FMF, Federal Ministry of Finance
    DR.USMAN SHAMSUDEEN usmanshamsud@live.com

Funny as. They are going to give me back the money I lost on all those other nigerian scams! lol :LOL:
  2. I get these types of emails on one of my "useless" email account all the time. I reply back of all types of profane and swearing statements. coloured in bold and red. One day, I'll close down this email account but whenever I need to let off some steam, instead of just deleting these emails, I reply first, saying everything that I possible could, blaming them for every f%$% up in my life and giving them all sorts of threats, etc. Then I click the "spam" button once the reply is sent.

It might be a useless activity but I feel so good swearing at someone that deserves it. (Although I do admit most times these emails are computer generated, I do hope that someone reads one of my replies on the other side)
  3. I like sending them back with all the details of people that have pissed me off at work today.

Sometimes I send them the details of an ex-girlfriend, and if it was a nasty break up, I send them twice.

What comes around goes around, but it's ok, cos I'm expecting my cheque from bill gates any day now.
  4. If I may offer a suggestion:

Text or swearing can be ignored.
    Next time, try attaching a large file to the e-mail [as large as you're prepared to attach]. Just a free d/l or something. Acrobat Reader or iTunes or something. Then copy the scammer's email address several times into the CC bar.

Forcing their inbox to deal with BIG e-mails will inconvenience them... especially if they're an unsuccessful povo scammer, who is still on dial-up.
  5. Instead of replying, has anyone considered reporting the scam/s at www.scamwatch.gov.au which may possibly save your mailbox from junk as well as less savvy people from any possible grief?

Just a thought.
  6. Didn't even know there was a "scamwatch". But if everybody sent large attachments at the same time hmmm. Reckon that would stuff there e-mail?
  7. Ktulu, you are a master :LOL:
  8. Ktulu, wouldnt that then slow your pc down whilst its trying to upload and send??

Nice idea. Will definately try it.
  9. It is your bandwidth and time for the single file, but I believe including their e-mail several times as a CC or BCC recipient should mean, you only send a single copy and the e-mail provider's server copies it and sends multiples to their inbox.

... as long as the e-mail program doesn't popup a "Hey, you're already sending it to this person! WTF?" alert, I think it should work.
  10. I just sent an email to myself.
    Addressed in, to, cc & bc and it only came through once :(
  11. Ahh well, just stick their e-mail address in a load of "E-mail me [type of] p0rn daily!" and advertising thingo's.

That'll f*%$ 'em :)
  12. just sign them up for all sorts of mailing lists :p
  13. Careful sending back to were you think it came from.

I get occasional bounce backs for e-mails I didn't send & my laptop as they've been known to use a valid e-mail address to send spam without actually using the address.
  14. Great idea Ktulu. I never thought about it. If I have some extra time, I'll send the crappest MP3 song I know. Plus I also like to swear at them as well. (Only when I have nothing else better to do)