Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Have your say

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by ibast, Jul 19, 2011.

1. The RTA has launched a site so you can have your say (particularly about speed zones).

Could be good, but could be bad too depending on the bent of the person in charge.

I'm somewhat concerned that the removal of 70 and 90 zones will see another general reduction in speed limits as occurred when they introduced. I've already posted a request for a speed limit increase for one section of the Bells Line of Road. Will be doing others.

2. You taking the piss, mate?

Tell them where you want it raised and you'll see a bit more enforcement on that stretch, I guarantee it.

These jokers don't raise speed limits.
  3. It seems they take into consideration how many requests they get for paticular roads, it would be best if we all decide on a few roads between us and then make the same requests.

the 90 kmh stretch of the m4 annoys me.
  4. Yep I'm almost that cynical, but there is no other realistic mechanism. I can't imagine many NSWelshman will be highlighting any areas where limits are too high, so maybe the government will take that on board.
  5. How many speed limit zones are there in NSW - because that's how many applications to reduce limits they'll get from Harold Scruby...

Then look at the comments section online for any newspaper (especially the Daily Telegraph). The Marching Morons who post there will be out in force.

You're right though - if you don't ask you won't get.