Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Have you modded your seat?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by matti-san, May 18, 2007.

1. Hi all, I pulled the seat off my bike and it seems that the vinyl is held on with some staples, big ones about 3/4 inch wide.

How hard do you reckon it would be to pull the vinyl off and repad and cover the seat? The seat is a bit hard on the old butt. :grin:
  2. It's easy, the hard part is finding a staple gun that penetrates well!
  3. I modded the seat base on my M50, and added extra foam (yoga mats from clark rubber) .

Staple gun from Bunnings, $25 did the job, but you need to have a firm backing for the seat, to get leverage for the gun to work properly.
  4. yep mine's done :)
    but i did get someone to do it
  5. Yep, I've shaved my seat down ('tis easy to do) but it's still not enough. :?

I want to shave it some more then insert a gel pad.
  6. went rather drastic on mine

but i wanted that drag look and surprisingly its a damn site more comfortable than the stock.

cost $150 for the new material and fitting
  7. That, my man, is a SICK streetfighter, made out of a SICK original ride... pure muscle!
  8. thanks man, i like it :cool: :cool: :cool:
  9. Matti I shaved my seat on the GSXF 750 by 15 - 20 mm as was slightly too high for me and I wasnt comfotable the way I felt.

It made a huge difference and only cost me $50 from a local upholsterer.
  10. Thanks scorp, so he you got the bloke to do it?

I actually want a bit more padding
  11. Yep Matti I had them do it for me and I looked on. As for putting more padding on you will probably have to recut a new piece of leather/vinyl as it most likely will be to short to cover the extra padding. There wanst much to play with on my seat if thats any indication.