Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Have riders lost all sense in the last 5 years?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by cats, Nov 17, 2005.

1. wow .... and i thought i rode reasonable ... lane splitting at reasonable speeds ... overtaking when safe etc ...
    well i guess things have changed in the last 5 years ... not being on a bike for that long i was shocked tonight whilst safely ( but illegaly ) overtaking a slow car on a lh sweeper car was doing 80 ... i was out side of him doin about 120 ( this is in peak hour traffic ) what this dick on a vtr 1000 overtakes the pair of us at id say over 160 kph.... is it any wonder we get such a crap name and treated so porly ... maybe iam getting old ???? or are newer riders just totaly brainless ??

2. Hes a bad as you. You were speeding yourself :p

3. So says Paulie too, there's nothing worse than a self-righteous whinge.
    Oh, and drop the capitals, please, we are not hard of hearing......

4. Re: HAVE RIDERS LOST ALL SENCE IN THE LAST 5 YEARS

:LOL: :LOL: You were both doin the wrong thing technically, he was just gettin the job done quicker... I really dont see your point??

5. Bob, you're at it again, aren't you.....

6. Nicotine rocks! keeps the population under control :p

7. Oh your going to pay for that one deary !! :p

But he dont say where or when,but could have been me if it was out rowvile way ? I did pass a few slower lane spliters yesterday, But i did wave to em as i passed though.
    Today I was just having fun with a couple of ricer boys Bawhawhahahaha

:LOL: :twisted: :LOL:

8. yes well sorry about the caps ... didnt realise till i seen the post .... howener its not a self rightious whinge .... iam sure u break road rules too as we all do unless u sit in traffic .. and hook into ya faveroute twisties at the speed limit ... in which case u should b driving a ford fiesta............. But theres a difference between illegal and sane .... and illegal and insane ( dangerous ) ... but i guess u didnt see that point

9. Sense
    the word is S E N S E.

10. It's all a matter of perspective. You consider the VTR to be insane and dangerous, chances are the driver involved considers BOTH of you to be insane and dangerous.

11. 1 point for the spelling police

12. the only reason the VTR over took you as you were riding like an old mole :wink: :LOL: (no it wasnt me ) :D

Look everyones in a rush to get somewhere , you overtook when you shouldnt have been so you cant really cast stones about the other.

in saying that , yes people have become more stupid over the years.

13. i think they have... :twisted: :D
    dont wana c me ride bud...
    i think most of us are just more confident riders. :)

14. No cats, you still don't get it. You are defending your reckless and illegal behaviour by saying other people do it. THAT DOESN"T MAKE IT RIGHT, it just makes you as bad as the people you were criticising in the initial post. That's why I said it was a self-righteous whinge, and that's why I continue to say it. But what's your REAL complaint?

You were tapped out going round a corner and someone who can ride better than you and who is even more foolish than you rounded you up on the outside. Well boo-hoo, if you haven't discovered that there's always someone around who's better than you, you haven't lived yet. Did you really expect that we would rush to your defence and say how outraged we were that someone did something even stupider than you were doing? C'mon, man, you're 43 years old, grow up and behave like it.

On the other hand, you could just be stirring the pot, so maybe you caught us. :D

15. thats cool ...ill donate half a brain to science and buy a honda :D

16. Well, why didn't you just say in the first place that this was just an excuse for a Suzuki vs Honda sledge???

The sand pit is over there ------------------------>

Most of us have got over our "my dog's better than your dog" obssessions......

17. Bah who needs an excuse, Hondas suck :p .

18. Now you've gone and hurt my feelings, I'm going to take my bat and ball and go home, sob sob :p

19. lol nah ........ in 30 years of riding ............ive owned em all ... all got good and bad points .....

20. no my dog is definatley better than yours get can play fetch roll over and gets the news paper in the mornings