Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Has your helmet ever been checked for compliance ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Takamii, Apr 14, 2012.

?
  1. Yes by Police after accident

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. Yes by Police at RBT

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Yes by Police at random stop / traffic violation

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Yes by Insurance companies after accident

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. No never under any circumstance

104 vote(s)
    91.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Has your helmet ever been checked

2. I chose never. But that's not 100% true. The testing lady checked my helmet before the riding test.

3. will be following this thread, having bought my helmet from the US without even thinking about the compliance sticker. Not quite sure that shiney silver bit makes it worth twice as much, which is what it would have cost to buy the same one here.

4. Not this shit again. Seriously?

5. Yes this shit again - I want to get some recorded numbers for a change rather than just words that is why its a poll

• Like Like x 3
  6. Same boat as you. I've only had my helmet checked once and that was by the MOST instructor.

7. i've never encountered a cop whilst on the bike
    ever

8. still, it's a good idea to put a sticker on your helmet i suppose.

Attached Files:

9. Dude, you need a "yes by assessor at my licence test" option.

10. Been riding since November 2011 and not once have I been pulled over by a cop or had my helmet inspected.

11. Fine. Never. Ever.

12. Not yet..

13. Ive been riding since 1989 and no..... not ****ing ever

(take that ya ****ing ****y swear bot)

OZ

14. It's standard practice after accidents.

Both Ambulance and police check for it.

15. Once when I was stopped by cop at Hotham, He noticed that I did not have the shiny sticker on my lid,

I was using my old racing helmet, Which came out a lot before Shiny stickers on the out side,
    I was informed to get a new helmet that had the sticker. As he considered me to be wearing no helmet, with out the shiny sticker,

Thats the first thing they look for, Shiny sticker, If you dont have one, then they will inspect Your Helmet,

16. None so far, but I've only been riding for 3 months.

17. I put no, but the popo may have had a look while I was in the ambo getting checked out! :D

18. That's a good point. They've never asked to see the sticker, but maybe they sneak a peek while I'm being breath tested. Maybe they only ask for it if it's not obvious.

Then again, they've never asked to see my license or registration, or roadworthy.

19. I haven't been pulled over by the cops on any of my road bikes.

When I was young and riding dirties they couldn't catch me, but I think they knew my flowing mullet was not AS approved :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. There should be an option for checked at track days.