Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Has internet agro ever spilled over into real life ?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by doonx, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Has anyone experienced or witnessed internet agro actually spill over into real life ? I am a member of another forum where for some unknown reason a particular entity has taken a seemingly real dislike to me and constantly attacks and goads me. I believe (s)he is an alias of either a previous member or an existing member. Anyway, it got to a stage today where I sent the person a PM basically saying if they want to discuss something with me, then just say the word. They ran away as expected.

Don't get me wrong about this, I can take A LOT of online crap and can give it back with interest as well. I am a big believer in my saying that "this is an internet chat forum, not the United Nations" so just let it go. But there is a line, insulting or abusive comments about my partner (Tam - whom I love dearly) is a close call, but she can take care of herself and is also a member of the same forum. Slag my kids though and you'd better change address, quickly.

I've just had this gnat try and tell me that at 180cms and 110kgs (I'm about 173cms and 85kg) he'd annihilate me. All that says to me is that he's a big slow target. Very unimpressed.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has had an experience where it verged on spilling into a real life situation ?
  2. Probably in america somewhere it has...
  3. i think that's why if i'm online, even here at netrider, i don't give away too much information about myself. its better to not be known in the real world....that's why we use user names and not real names

in your case though i think cause its a motorbike forum where people meet up for group rides that you've actually met this person? that can be a problem.

if this person doesn't know you and hasn't met you then its all alot of hot air.......sure i've had arguments, had and given deep insults online but hey its only words on a screen.....hot air.....nothing more. you'd be crazy to take it a step further
  4. i read a story a while ago about a murder related to a forum in usa. i can't find the forum now, or remember what it was, i think it was a joke anyway. they kept the story going for a long time, was very interesting reading
  5. It was a very bad joke from a radio station. They got in a bit of trouble with the local cops for it as well (as people had reported it)
  6. roundabout - yes, that was a big hoax, it never happened.
  7. was pretty interesting though, the thread on the forum went for about 20 pages and i don't know how many months.
  8. There was this time I met Maglor the Dragon Slayer in a car park after he accused me of stealing his majical Mace of Roombydoomby from the land of Wank. Little pussy thought a 2d20 would save him from a Doc Martin to the groin, he learnt better that day!

:LOL: :LOL: :wink:
    I crack me up sometimes! You could always tell us which forum and which poster and let a little Netrider Vengence TM loose on his ass! (I feel so bad ass :twisted: :LOL: )
  9. Does this mean that the Ozbiker war is about to re-errupt?
  10. I am an idiot....... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  11. goddam that's a classic!!!!!!!!!!! laughing my ass off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahhaha :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. If only he had his boots of escaping huh? :p
  13. you've seen that mpeg too then ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. Or the Cricket Box of Deflection? :LOL:
  15. Doonks, I think it's time for you to borrow Deyago's Atomic Powered Whacking Stick and meet this troll..........
    Seriously, just PM him and say you'd be happy to meet him, you just need a bit of advanced notice so you can organise the film crew, a delegate from your insurance company, and your two mates from Sicily!
  16. lol yeah i love Reno 911 funny as, I've been downloading episodes here and there ever since one of my mates in the US told me about it.
  17. lol, i reckon it should be the cricket box of hardiness :p
  18. I did PM him

Here's our PM conversation :

Sir Skuffy - seems your's was Road Argo, not Internet Agro.
  19. Ahhh crap. Did not read the title correctly...

Now I feel very stupid
  20. .... and it's only 3:30 pm......