Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Has anyone got their Kryptonite Lock replaced ?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by fred_kroft, Feb 16, 2005.

1. After a dozen "thank you valued customer for waiting"
    type messages, and then a "we need you to refill in our
    customer database form again" message (just before
    xmas), I'm still waiting..

I'm starting to think that the whole charade thing was
    staged so that the directors could escape to Lagos ;)

Has anybody had their locks replaced ?

cheers

"wheres me phuggin lock ?"

2. Ultimately, Kryptonite's reputation has been utterly ruined by the vulnerability of those locks. I think last I heard, they were desperately honouring all replacements free of charge to try and mitigate the lost good will.

3. Having the same fun and games. Filled in their forms a couple of times, have actually had a couple of emails. Last one (must be close to 2 months ago now) said they were despatching a return freight voucher or something. To be blunt, I'm wondering if I'll bother if it ever does arrive. I mean, what are the odds?

4. so where do i get one of these forms?? I have a kryptonite disk-lock and want to get a refund.....

5. Forms are on their website (not hard to find via google) and follow the link, but I'm pretty sure they're not offering refunds, just replacements, but so far I don't know of anyone that's actually had one replaced, just lots of promises. good luck.

6. Does the return policy include the disc locks?...you know the ones you attach to your brake.

7. Still waiting for two myself. Haven't heard anything for months. Joke? Yeah, probably. :p

8. Yes it includes the disc locks, that's what I've got, but like I said, lots of promises and no action yet.

9. I've seen a thread someone in Asutralia saying and showing pics of a replaced lock.

They simply gone to a straight key type lock instead of a circle key lock.

10. it's on tomorrow :D

11. Tomorrow from 10-3 at peter stevens (other states / locations in e-mail below). Below is the e-mail I received from them after putting in my request for a new lock (I put in my request on 26.5.5, e-mail received 28.6.5).

12. Go to this page to register to replace your lock.

13. My Krypto Disco has been replaced. I'm not able to make it to the swap tomorrow so was given a new one last week.

Looks good, works fine, and even has a little rubber insert for the lock so water/whatever doesn't get in.