Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket exhaust system to a ZXR250C

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by XSIVE, Mar 30, 2006.

1. I am looking at buying an aftermarket exhaust system for a ZXR250C and have had mixed reports on what the best option is.

Any suggestions would be great.

I have heard that the megacycle muffler can cause flat spots in the carb, can anyone confirm this??

The system i have found and am looking at buying is a twin muffler with new pipes 4 into 2. Has anyone ever seen one of these or had one?

2. Save your money for when you upgrade.
    The phrase "polishing a turd" comes to mind.

3. yes i have and i can tell you that there is a big difference. i did not change the whole exhaust system of my 03 built zx2r but when i had my stock muffler on there, it felt like the bike was being choked when opening the throttle. my beast is breathing alot better and no there have not been a flat spot.
    so to sum things up, megacycle muffler does not cause flat spots in the carbs. it allows the bike to breath better and shit yea there a difference in mid and top end range. the bike before started to pull at hard at around 8000rpm to red line but now it starts pulling hard from 6000rpm and harder all the way to redline. if you were in adelaide, i would show you what my bike sounds like. sounds 10000000x better than a cbr!

dont bother with a full system because like outbreakMonkey said before its only a 250.

4. thanks guys, i know polishing a turd, its a beautiful description, its just that the standard muffler has scratches on it so i want to replace it, and i can get a full system second hand for the same price as a megacycle muffler new....