Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HART Course tomorrow - mona vale

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by tiggers, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I'm doing the Confidence and Road Riding Skills Course at hart tomorrow morning, just wondering if anybody else is?

cheers

2. Hey Mate,
    Good luck with the course tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it and learn plenty. They are great guys to learn from.

Now let's see you put some of those skills to use on a ride together next weekend!

Cheers,

Richard

3. Thanks Richard, I'm looking forward to it. My cornering its getting better but I figure it worth getting as much help as I can.

Looking forward to the ride!

4. Hi,

Let me know what you think of the course. I really should go on one and keep meaning too. Just move to Syd so heard about these mob; good things.

Need to get the suspension fixed of my 250 first lol

5. Sure thing, I'll let you know how it goes

6. Fixed.

I'm thinking of putting a HART course on my Chrissie list this year so it would be great to get your thoughts on the course you have chosen to do.

Have a great time.

Fun Ha!

7. I'll try to do a write up some time over the weekend

8. Hi All,

Did the course, it was great for where I am in terms of skill level, but I'd suggest the course I did was probably more suited to people who have just passed their L's.

There were 6 of us, 3 girls, 3 guys and mostly riders who have done their L's and not ridden since, a lot of bike dropping and stalling. The day started out with a warm up ride round the closed road and some feed back from the instructor, then onto hill starts and emergency stopping which was a useful reminder for me.

The best part of the day was the cornering practise, the instructor marked out hit points through the corner which showed me although I've got the line in ok but I’ve been coming in to the apex way to early and should stay out wider for longer. We did this for left and right handers......I'm better at turning right!

The last hour was spent doing the P's course cone weave, swerve and U-turn. My first ever go at a cone weave and nailed it first time (must be the slow ride down military road at 5pm) and got the U-turn on the 2nd go.

I’m definitely going to book another course, and thinking of doing handling dynamics once the L has gone, it was well worth $$$.

Cheers

9. ...bike dropping? Holy crap!
    It took me 3 years to drop my bike (touch wood)

Ok this particular course might be a little too 'basic' for me; but glad that you found it useful. And good work on the cones! (And your bang on about Military rd, I ride down there daily). Do you guys have to do figure 8's in NSW testing? We also had to do a plain straight slow ride for 15m or something (this was QLD and a few years ago now).

10. Yep - a few droppies.....pleased to say it wasn't me!

I don't think theres a figure of 8. If you see a black KLR with a welsh flag on the side on Military road gimme a wave:)

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. I booked my test then broke my leg the day before the test :( (handling dynamics)
    Recon I could re-book it and get a discount or something if I show them the receipt?

13. Probably better u ring and ask, I don't think anyone here would know, also when u guys get off your L's, do the California riding school

15. The "ready" position...yes. It's the position you have to be in prior to starting each test, and what they want to see you use on the road ride i.e. if stopped at lights etc.