Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Harleyjacking in Sydney

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by blackjacket, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Holy Hog-napping Batman!
  2. Should have been wearing a Sons of Anarchy hoodie.
  3. Anecdotal evidence suggests its a BIG problem in the U.S.
  4. Robbed by a gay thief. i want your 'super' purple harley
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wouldn't have happened if he was filtering.

Is there anything filtering can't fix?
    • Like Like x 9
  6. I'm questioning the taste of the robber on two counts.
    1. Purple
    2. Harley
  7. f**king lucky thief,
    imagine if it was a bikie's ride. harleys are the last bike id even consider stealing.
  8. c'mon. That's gotta be a setup. Someone pokes you in the back in the middle of traffic?

With a purple bike I am surprised he didn't think it was his boyfriend being happy to see him.
  9. sounds like two mates doing an insurance job.
  10. Just go to the next intersection for a broken down purple harley......................
  11. A purple Springer?

I;d be too embarassed to report i'd been riding one !
  12. oddly enough, it was near Rebels clubhouse

13. Funny u mention that, my mate was wearing that 1 day, ill leave it at "the cops where pretty much giving us a hard time" dumb
  14. Similar thing was happening around Newcastle a few years back.
  15. Musta been a 'yuppie' harley rider. No way a hardened rider would just give up his ride.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but surely there would have bee opportunity to 'fight back' or at least make it difficult? Turn bike off, drop keys on ground, put stand down, click it up a couple of gears...??

Ha! I''ll let you know how I go if it ever happens to me!