Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Harley Keys

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by nice2Bnaked, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Does anyone know if harley keys can be cut?
    Its for a '05 883 sportster. Harley City wants to charge me $160 for a new barrel, but if I take off the barrel, is there a number or something or can the locksmith cut a key to fit?

Dont worry, its not stolen... Its my older brothers and the silly twat lost his keys when he was drunk. Now he has to ride his pushbike, good to lose the trademark beergut.
  2. If he's the first owner the key details should be written in the book or with some other paperwork. You should also be able to take the barrel out and get it rekeyd. Expensive drinking session.
  3. independent locksmith. I have it done regularly. Make sure u take the barrael and the fuel tank and any other locks. Should be around 40$ if all the locks are identical.30+ for each locks thats not

They may use the same key doesnt mean they r identical.
  4. i managed to order them in from the USA for about $42. had to wait for about 3-4 weeks though. its good to be back on the road