Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Harley Davidson are making an Electric bike

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Fa1c0n, Jun 19, 2014.

1. #1 Fa1c0n, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  2. Bet it still leeks oil
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. I just pray they don't fcuk this up.
  4. Where does the noise come out?
  5. What are all the "Loud Pipes Save Lives" fanbois going to do to make this louder?

Loud speakers? :p:p:p
  6. I like the sound.

Sounds futuristic.
  7. #7 Geoff3DMN, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    I doubt it will sell to current Harley owners but Harley really need to break away from their current buyer demographic because younger riders aren't buying them (in volume).

I have to say it's a much better looking bike than the Zero (it remains to be seen if it's a better bike to ride though).
  8. There's a pun there somewhere... Something about potato, potato, potato and leek soup perhaps?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ...I like the look of it. Hopefully that isn't a smart phone being used as a dash.
  10. "Now with iPhone Integration" Lmfao.
  11. Cost?

Could be a game changer.
  12. Nah, cards in the spokes. Old skool!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. In Japan, electric cars have to have sound added to them for pedestrian safety. We discussed this a couple of years back on a noise thread. So some noise is a good thing.
  14. that's an amazing hairdo!
  15. Probably from the induced magnetic field.

I do wonder what the gun is for.
  16. Safety feature. Car drivers will perceive you as a threat (eventually, once they hear about a few people getting shot for smidsy).

I am a big fan of the clip on indicator/mirrors. Anybody know where something similar can be bought?
  17. There is one reason I would buy a Harley Davidson.

Now, there are no reasons I would buy a Harley Davidson.
  18. I thought it was April 1st when I read this. But I'm ashamed to admit I kind of like it.