Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hardcore scooter accident

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by uforixx, Jan 26, 2011.

1. hopefully not a repost

2. been done a few times
  3. and REMOVED each time.
    Posting of this type especially this graphic is not really appreciated.
    Also, OP who are you? have you made yourself known?
  4. Good call Smee - no-one gets their jollies watching this sort of thing, and zero educational value.

5. My bad, feel free to remove then.

Havnt yet, will introduce shortly!
  6. Check intersections before crossing or this is the possible outcome?

Shock value is often used in health and safety campaigns.
  7. lets people know just how violent an event like this is on your body and why you should always wear the correct apparel.
    low speed impact and you can clearly see how much speed both managed to wipe off.
    but note the rag doll effect through mid air. if you think blundstones and an open face helmet would help you here, think again. they're orbitting above the earth.
    i've tried this myself unfortunately. won't go into great detail, but something of note was about 5-6 days after the event the deep tissue bruising becomes apparent on the surface of your skin, because we're really just little jelly sacks of blood and organs. ahh yes, the joyful sensation of rigormortis whilst ones still alive.
    being spun around mid air that violently, my scrotum filled with blood and was the size of an orange.
    ... and then when you're laid up in hospital... everything clots.

... hope you're enjoying your dinner :)
  8. respect your opinion and those that agree with you, but if you don't see it, i believe a lot of people don't really understand just how nasty it really is.
    if it helps them take a more preventative attitude to their riding by viewing it, without actually having to experience it first hand. if it helps just one person even.
    that's partly why many of us are on this forum, to try and save noobs from repeating our own mistakes.
  9. **slight correction, before someone corrects me haha.
    liberal doses of clexane injected into your stomach will help with the internal clotting... but if you end up in a public hospital in Vic, you won't get much of it.
    i have my own supply at home now and will have someone bring it in for me if necessary.
  10. You call that a low speed impact?

You think the #1 issue in this kind of red-light runner scenario is the gear worn by the rider?
  11. i'd say about 40-50kph.
    and yes the rider is responsible for what happens to him, whether it's his fault or not.
    and yes the rider should deploy every avenue available to him to protect himself from harm. in this case his awareness failed and he had nothing to back that up, except maybe insurance, but that's after the fact.
    i think you should employ every means available to you to best manage the risks; solid training with yearly update courses, impecably maintained bike, armoured and abrassion resistant apparel, maintain your health and pshysical condition.
    merely recommendations, the choice is always yours.
  12. I'd speculate that the #1 issue in this kind of red-light runner scenario is the red-light runner.
  13. people do run red lights. they always will. nothing you can do about that,
    apart from being as best prepared for it as you possibly can.
  14. that guy survived, and later went on to work 16hrs that day for 2usd would have been 3usd but was 15min late for work, he complained of a sore arm, but the boss didnt cut him any slack
  15. Fair call lads, and perhaps an over-reaction on my part.

16. I agree with Monkeyman.

I believe every scooter rider should see this, many of them seem to think riding a scoot means you're not actually on a bike and dont need protection, Ive NEVER seen a scoot rider wearing full protective gear, just the lil helmet....Tarmac has a different impact on them to the rest of us apparently?
  17. I disagree that this should be focused just for scoot riders (I she just as many geared up as not in the city)

The main thing ALL riders should take from this is that "green" doesn't necessarily mean go / keep going
  18. Exactly.
  19. Green has always meant "proceed with caution" in my book (UK Highway Code, 1954 Edition :D).

And caution means, amongst other things, taking a damn good look in every direction a threat might be coming from.