Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hard drive prices: Relief in sight

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by blackadder, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Finally, some relief in sight! How have you all been coping? I'm struggling, lol.. Current prices are about $119'ish for a 2TB drive. Use to be about $89 when I bought my last batch.. I think I saw 2TB hit $300 at one point LOL.

Article here

I'm kinda kicking myself now because I need drives to migrate to LVM. Buggering around with FUSE filesystems to create unions of multiple directories is just pure slow BS. Until I buy more drives I can't backup anything to start migrating to LVM.. Zzz..
  2. lol, I remember paying $300 for a 1gig drive. and $200 for 4meg of ram, back in the day.
  3. Ha! Oh noes, it'll only be a little while before the punch card folks pop up again.. :p

4. heh heh, I had a 500gb USB3 portable fail the other day

current price is $119

I paid $79 last July when I bought it

It was replaced under warranty :LOL:

yay for me
  5. Punch cards. Pah! New fangled rubbish. What's wrong with bouncing a shockwave up and down a tube of mercury I ask?
  6. I could write an entire thesis explaining the answer to your question for you but I haven't got the time. :p
  7. Nor has he.

8. Was lucky enough to replace my drives just before the prices skyrocketed, girlfriend wasn't so lucky when it came time to replace hers :p