Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

harbour bridge climb

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by twainharte, Mar 29, 2011.

1. yes, i've done it.

3 vote(s)
  2. not yet.

4 vote(s)
  3. rather spend money on my bike.

6 vote(s)
  4. other

1 vote(s)
  1. just taking a look at their site.

i reckon sydneysiders should be getting a freakin' discount! prices are getting ridiculous.

for those that have done it, which one is better, the discovery climb or the bridge climb?

oh, and do you have to pay extra for the hat, sunnies lanyard or do you get 'em for free?
  2. I've only done the discovery climb and it was pretty good. Chose it over the bridge climber as you still got to the top and got to have a look at some other parts of the bridge. Also see if you can choose one at sunset - you get a good view of the city in sunlight and with the lights on.

A few tips, make sure you get behind someone with a cute butt because you'll be stuck in that order. Have and drink and go to the loo before your climb. Its more motion sickness than fear of heights that will get you - the bridges is constantly bouncing.
  3. hehehe

don't worry, my girlfriend will be taking the lead, on my insistence, of course, for this very benefit.

yeah, i was thinking the discovery climb, as well.

the twilight tour is a tad pricey for my liking, though...
  4. I need to do this... dunno which one, and yeah, the prices arent the best but it's an experience I tell myself. Luckily on a long visa I have quite a bit of time to get it done in.
  5. I think you have to book in early from memory. We were lucky enough to call just after a cancellation otherwise we would've had to wait for a month or so.

PS you can't bring your camera with you so take some extra cash or your cc to get the photos
  6. looking at the available times now. not much on offer for the twilight.

is this the one you're talking about, robbie55:

The Discovery Climb TWILIGHT EARLY $268.00

which one are you referring to: Early Twilight or Late Twilight tour?

there is a :

The Discovery Climb NIGHT 4.10-5PM $188.00

how different would that be to the early twilight tour?
  7. the prices are outrageous but in a way it will keep numbers down as too many people wanting to climb will mean long wait times.
  8. smee, i'm looking for dates in may and they seem to be booked up on the particular date i want.
  9. sunset on that particular date is around 17:10
  10. Sorry mate not sure if they've changed the time etc it was a while ago when I went - it def was the discovery climb and twilight sounds right. It was a gift for me and tbh wasn't all that excited at the prospect of it, but everything from the bit of training you do in the sheds to the tip of the bridge was sensational and an experience I'll remember.

I know its a bit more expensive but tbh how many times are you going to do it? You'd have forgotten about the extra $$ in a weeks time. Admittedly though I can't say its better value than the other package as I haven't tried it.

I think when the say sunset is at 17:10 there is still a fair bit of light around in the sky, but so long as you are out when they light up the opera house and the streets (which I think is why this tour is more expensive) you really do see a very different landscape. Quite arty in a certain way. Happy to answer any more q's you can think of but don't be afraid to call them and ask heaps of q's, you may also be lucky enough to find your preferred date has a cancellation.
  11. i have this pain in the pit of my stomach thinking about the prices! LOL

well, i'm taking 'The Discovery Climb DAY' as this fits into our scedule more.

i have to factor in the overpriced photos they will inevitably try to sell us at the end of all this...
  12. I recommended my cousin that came from Germany visiting us to do it while he was doing the whole east coast. He isn't rich but said it was well worth the money and one of the best experiences he'd done.
  13. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Can't remember the price of the photos but they're not cheap, one or two is enough to remember it, don't go overboard.
  14. After you get down from the bridge then jump on the red jet boats. You gt a bit wet but worth the fun and exhilaration for $50.

On a side note funny all other sea vehicles have to abide by the speed limit but these boats can hoon around and as they please. Probably cause their "touristic".
  15. when they first started, it's $100 or something, should have done it then, it's way too much now.
  16. lol

i should of done it when it was um, "free" and a little lax with security back in the mid 90s!

it's booked now. at the mercy of the weather. will report back with my thoughts.