Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Happy Winter Solstice Net Riders!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Goldenberri, Jun 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DSC_3148a. Who else was lucky enough to see the huge full moon setting this morning, marking the start of the shortest day of the year? It was so amazing I stopped to take photo's of it.

Net Riders, this can only mean one thing. The days are now officially getting longer! So it's time to start dreaming and planning with glee the trips and travels that we would love to do in the warmth and light, sun at our backs, summer gloves on. Maybe you have plans for a new ride, some new gear, a new type of two wheeled venture.

What have you all got planned for the coming spring and summer?

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Cool GoldenberriGoldenberri!
    I might go for a ride soon one day....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Today I was lucky enough to ride a very generous netrider's Daytona 675R round the block, so this coming spring and summer I'm basically working out how to save up for a Daytona haha.

• Like Like x 5
  4. The winter solstice gods were appeased today by our epic ride Steve VtecSteve Vtec :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mate I can't stop thinking about that triple... I just need one. I haven't felt like this about anything before. I'm confused. I thought I was reasonably sensible when it comes to things like this, I already own three vehicles and two of them are motorbikes, but I'm fairly sure it won't be long til I have four.....

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Steve VtecSteve Vtec don't be confused. You said it yourself "I just need one". Even I have two motorbikes and I've only been riding since January last year!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tomorrow might be good PetesulPetesul. You will have a whole 2 extra seconds of daylight! :ROFLMAO:

8. My plan involves getting PSYKCPSYKC 's bike back, before she skins me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. If you have the means and the desire then go for it :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ummm..maybe ride some more. Buy less gear. Except gloves. I just love collecting gloves.

:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I'm curious Lazy LibranLazy Libran. How does one buy 'less' gear? If you could teach me that trick that would be awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. What, you only had one full moon this morning, we had 670 of them down here in Hobart ......

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. :woot: Are you in amongst that lot barry_mckibarry_mcki ? That's just nuts! :coldfeet:

15. #15 barry_mcki, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Of course, was actually pretty warm at 6°...plus it was raining

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Yes, I can almost smell it.... Warmer, dryer, longer days.... All I have to do is to sort my bike with luggage and I'll be able to take on the world :woot:. Some nice rides are to be done for sure, the GOR, Gippsland, the High Country.... Oh and to fall in love would be nice :love:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Nuts (very shrunk) and other wobbly bits too....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Fr33dmFr33dm that sounds like a great plan. :cat:

I remember when the days started getting cooler on a ride home after work I started humming this. Need to think of a happy song now!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. So when I acquire the Daytona, the garage will have a big v twin, a mid sized triple and a small inline 4. Sounds perfect. I told the girlfriend earlier tonight about the triumph I'm getting and she said "but you already have two bikes". She doesn't get it :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. She doesn't have to Steve VtecSteve Vtec. I'm lucky in that I could add another few to the stable and not have to worry about any static. Who knows? There may be another one in there by summer! :sneaky:

edit : if I wasn't so short there would already be another one in there, but shortness is not conducive to just falling in love with any bike. After all, how do I know if I love it, when I can't ride it unless it's already lowered? Curses!