Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Happy trails crash bars on KLR 650

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by veom, Feb 9, 2014.

1. I've recently purchased some crash bars for my KLR 650 from happy trails. I'm trying to fit them today, there seems to be a step which required a hole to be poked through the vin sticker. However in australia this isn't a sticker but rather a small metal plate. Where the hole needs to go doesn't seem to be in the actual VIN on the stick but rather off to the side.

I just want to make sure by making a small hole in the sticker its not going to write off my bike. Does any one know what might happen if the VIN is compromised?

2. #2 veom, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    Ok I got this sorted, the hole which you need to put in your VIN is in the bottom of the sticker, so it doesn't actually contain any information. I decided just to poke a hole through it.

To poke the hole I got a screw driver through the open hole through underneath the vin sticker and hit it with a hammer. This revealed where the hole is underneath the sticker. Then I got a centre punch and punched it through the VIN sticker. ez pz!